Sandy emerges out the green highlighter

So my next couple of posts are gonna be my journey about learning more about sandflies and leishmania.

Today I ordered the book Leishmania (author Jay P. Farrell) as I found a second hand copy on Amazon for £16! It is going to be coming from America so I'm just going to wait around for weeks. To be fair, I will probably forget about it and it will arrive out the blue. Surprise present to myself.

Speaking to my flatmate last night, she explained that Sandflies were attracted to human odour. This clever clogs did a Tropical Diseases module last year and I am very jealous of all the knowledge she has from it. I don't know about you but attracted to odour sounds really cool and interesting. I found a couple of papers online, printed them off and thought 'tomorrow is gonna be the day to read and understand the hell out of these', but guess what... I wasn't feeling it today.


Instead I went to Poundland and got myself some fluorescent highlighters. Today's work has resulted in the new character Sandy the Sandfly. With limited arts supplies and not knowing how to use photoshop, I feel quite proud of myself. I did have to draw, scan, print, colour in, scan, print, colour in a few times but well worth it.


 So welcome my new homegirl Sandy! Isn't she beautiful. I had to add a little smelly human to make it more obvious. Although I have used my time in a completely different manner, I don't feel like it's been a complete waste of time. Instead I will reschedule this reading for tomorrow and can imagine my little friend Sandy whenever a sandfly is mentioned.



  

Comments

Popular Posts